(I think I'm going to change this recurring post to Music Monday, to relieve the pressure of trying to find what's new! You can turn to the professionals for that, or at least people who spend more time listening to music then working on PhDs!)

M83, Saturdays=Youth
I really enjoy this album. It's very mellow and dreaming and might make some people nauseous, and I think I'd understand. For whatever reason though, I've really been drawn to the nostalgia of what I'm calling dream pop lately. "Kim & Jessie" is a favorite, as is "We Own the Sky". One hidden gem though is the closing track, "Midnight Souls Still Remain". It's an 11 minute instrumental piece but it's great to turn on and block everything out for awhile; it's music I can actually write to. So if you feel the need to chill for awhile, I highly recommend Saturdays=Youth.
Jonsi is gonna be in tempe, az on 10/23. we're there, y'all should fly out and come with!
ReplyDeleteSaturdays=Youth is good, but I've never liked it as well as Dead Cities. Still, M83 belongs with Phoenix in the "cool/French" category.
ReplyDelete