So in honor of my Dad's birthday I thought I'd dedicated a post to him. Some pictures and thoughts follow after the jump.
I meant to get this up hours ago but had so much fun looking through pictures that I got a little delayed, but it's still his birthday for a few more minutes Eastern, and three more hours Pacific, so I should be okay. I thought I'd start at the beginning and move forward through time. I'll caption the pictures where necessary. Enjoy!
 |
| Dad and Ma |
 |
| 4 months old |
 |
| 1960 | | |
 |
| The Vaughns, Thanksgiving at Dillon Beach, 1971 |
 |
| Chuck, Bart, Dad, Mom Claming at Dillon Beach |
| |
|
 |
| My parents wedding (yeah, my Dad actually got married in that tie) |
 |
| My first hike, Bald Rock 1979? (Check out the 7UP can) |
 |
| Three generations: Me, Dad, Grandad |
 |
| The old carousel in Golden Gate Park |
 |
| There's a reason the 80's won't really come back. Little Grass Valley Reservoir |
|
Now for some great pictures of Papa
 |
| Playing with Alessia |
 |
| Matty's still not sure about this guy |
 |
| We'll have two more to add to this bunch soon! |
 |
| Our favorite place, Dillon Beach |
 |
| They're not so grumpy in this picture |
So I had lot's of fun finding all these pictures and I'm so glad that my family has kept so many pictures over the years. My dad has been a wonderful father and while we certainly haven't always seen eye to eye, our relationship has grown over the years as I've grown up a bit and I'm so grateful for the great grandfather he is to my kids. They love Papa and always look forward to his visits and going out to visit him. I wish you a very happy birthday Dad and am excited for you to meet the newest Vaughn when he comes.
 |
| Helping me test the light |
Thanks for the march through the years, Sam. You have always been a good writer, and I enjoyed this post a lot. Very nice. I love you. -- Dad
ReplyDelete