I scoured our photo albums for some gems of my girl and to her embarrassment posted them all here for you to enjoy. More after the break.
I realized a few things while going through our photos. First, that most of our pictures are from the four years we've been here in Cinci. We have older pictures, but they are much harder to find! All of our pictures from before Alessia are on film, and they exist downstairs somewhere in a box. I really should do something about that. So the following pictures are more recent. Someday I'll drag out the older ones.
To begin, in honor of a wonderful mother-
 |
| Matty Moo! |
 |
| Crazy Moo! |
 |
| Crazy kisses! |
 |
| Lots of Crazy kisses! |
 |
| Our new home |
It's funny how many of these I found while going through our pictures. I don't think I've taken any like this, but then, looking back, my head was shaved most of the time.
 |
| Is it better like this? |
 |
| ... or like this? |
Here are a few from Utah, during Alessia's first year.
 |
| Snowshoeing with Alessia |
And now to some of my favorites. Happy birthday Piccina mia! Ti amo per sempre.
Now I don't feel so lonely for my most talented and beautiful-in-EVERY-way niece on her birthday. Thanks so much, Sam- for the memories (that snowshoeing trip was great fun!) for the the photos (you have such an eye for portrait art) and most of all, for loving and caring for the precious person we know as Rachel.
ReplyDeleteI trust Rachel is enjoying her birthday as much as anyone can who is almost ready to deliver!
ReplyDeleteSam and Rachel---
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday, Rachel! Congratulations on another year of being a wonderful Mom. What a lot of Hard and Wonderful work you do. This is such a nice posting, Sam -- way to go!
Love, john [Dad]
What a beautiful tribute to your very deserving wife, Sam. And I have to admit that my favorite picture is the very last one, Rachel just looks so stunning there. And it really is so much harder to find the old pictures now, isn't it?
ReplyDeleteSam, this is so nice, You really found an amazing women to join our family. I am so blessed to have another sister in Rachel, she is such a wonderful person, and I love you both so much.
ReplyDeletesam- these are beautiful. I miss my rachel...
ReplyDeleteI am way-y-y late in posting this because I was disabled with migraines throughout all of August, but I have to comment now after viewing this beautiful and touching tribute to Rachel. Sam, I SO appreciate the thought and love, time and talent you have presented here. What a wonderful gift you have given to our precious Rachel. Thank you for loving her as you do, and for seeing and appreciating all that is truly special about her. Just wonderful...
ReplyDelete