Monday, July 26, 2010

New Music Monday

Sorry for the lack of photos this past weekend, I will remedy that soon.  In the meantime, I thought I might try a new regular feature.  I have enjoyed a lot of diverse music recently and thought I might try a weekly short post highlighting some of my favorites.  For today's track, click on through.

Coastal Break- Tycho
I have really gotten into electronic music recently, who knows why, but this track might provide some answers.  It is so smooth and soothing, and of course, like the title implies, reminds me of the coast, which I miss immensely!  Tycho is the music project of a graphic designer named Scott Hansen, who has a pretty cool blog as well, lots of music I would never find otherwise.  I'm not sure how to classify this music, but pitchfork labels it "ambient" and "IDM" (which you should look up on Wikipedia for more then you want to know about musical genre naming).
Since I'm not sure about the logistics and legality of directly streaming from my site, you'll have to preview it either in iTunes or at the label's site here.  BTW, Ghostly has some pretty good other offerings as well, so if you go, take some time to click around.
That's enough for today, this probably isn't going to hit my target audience; I think I'll have to start increasing my advertising!
s

No comments:

Post a Comment