Here are some pictures from the hike my dad and I took out to Phantom Falls on Table Mountain back home in December. More photos, minus the goofballs after the jump.
Table Mountain is an outcrop of basalt from the old lava flows from when the precursor to Mt. Lassen blew. From the valley it looks flat, bat as you'll see, the top is anything but. It has great wildflowers in the spring, which I'm sad to miss, but the waterfalls are well fed from the winter rains, so the timing was great for that.
Water on the basalt
A fall we saw on the way out to Phantom Falls. I forget the name, though it may not have one.
We saw about 20 of these little guys in a little stream, and if I'd looked closer, we probably would have seen more.
Phantom Falls is to the left.
Coal Canyon
A view at the top, after the sun
It was a great day. We had the fog on the way out, sun on the way back, which gave us a chance to enjoy the unique atmosphere both provide.
Just so you know, I'm reading your blog.
ReplyDeleteHow cool am I?
ReplyDeleteI am too. And you're *too* cool.
ReplyDelete