My flash broke after less than 100 shots, which was super disappointing as I'd rented some nice lenses for portraits while we were out in California. It's going to be replaced, which is nice, just the timing was bad. I am slowly sorting through the 1000+ pictures I took while in California, which is more than a little excessive. Obviously I need to spend more time on visualization, but when taking pictures of kids (or parents), it does pay to have lots of shots to chose from! I should have some time this weekend to get some images processed, and to show why I don't just post them straight out of the camera, I have an example.
This is Phantom Falls, at Table Mountain, California. This is just 10 minutes or so from my parents house (Table Mountain, the falls was an hour or so walk.) This first image is straight out of the camera.
This second one is after processing. It's the same thing I used to do in the darkroom, only now it's done in the computer. I have a lot more from this hike with my Dad, I'll see if I can't get a post together tomorrow afternoon.

No comments:
Post a Comment