Friday, February 15, 2013

Pinewood Derby

The pinewood derby was a few weeks back and both Matthew and Alessia got to enter cars, though neither is officially a Cub Scout, so they were in the "open" class. This of course meant that I was a little more involved than I might have been if Matthew were actually a scout, and so I had some fun. The designs were the kids', but I did the cutting and shaping. They both had to sand for an hour (by hand!) but then I finished them up with the electric sander. I painted them as well, since it was last minute and the only time I had was at night. Alessia's car is the purple streak in the second track picture. Matthew's is the green streak in the first. Notice they are both winning. In fact, Matthew never lost a heat- undisputed fastest car. You can see how happy he was about that- we tried five time to take this picture and this is as still as he got! All in all, lots of fun.









No comments:

Post a Comment